Friday, February 09, 2007

Very briefly

By Heraclitus

Okay, I know I said I would let it go, but just one quick item. Via MyDD, here's one of those handy express your outrage with a form letter thangs. I mock it, because I'm a snarky a-hole, but seriously, check out the page and look at the failings of the MSM on this story. I know in the grand scheme of things it doesn't seem that important, but consider the MSM's failings on things like Iraq and increasingly Iran. If you need more motivation, check this out (seriously, please read that; a sample: "Ah, yeah. One of those "usual mistakes" of Iraqi Army killing innocents. But no, my friend. This ain't no usual wrongful murder! This is Strafing for Liberty, vato!"). It's clear that our media overlords at places like the N.Y. Times are mindless and venal jackals who will simply roll with the punches. The right wing has been pounding them for the past little while, and they've accordingly been laying down for Bush on everything. We need to start pounding them from the other side, because they clearly can't be trusted to do their job on their own.

I'm tempted to introduce my own, epigoneous Arbitrary But Fun Friday, or perhaps, in this case, Obscure by Fun Friday. The question: Charley Patton or Larry Sparks? "Mississippi Boweavil Blues" or "Ramblin' Pickin'"? "Lord, I'm Discouraged," or "Goin' Up Home to Live in Green Pastures"? "Prayer of Death, Pt. 1," or "Takin' a Slow Train"? "Broke Down Engine," or "Kentucky Mandolin"? If you said, hey, "Broke Down Engine" is Blind Willie McTell, go buy yourself a Clark Bar (or an effing Clark Bar, as we bloggers say). If you didn't say, "Kentucky Mandolin" is Bill Monroe, then hang your head in shame.

In shame.

I'm confident those last two paragraphs made no sense to anyone but me.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • I'm holding my head up proud. Good to know the good stuff still gets listened to.

    By Blogger Capt. Fogg, at 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home