Thursday, December 28, 2006

Death to Saddam

By Michael J.W. Stickings

It looks like Saddam will be executed by Sunday and perhaps even tomorrow, NBC reports. Like Grace, who posted on this a couple of days ago, I am against the death penalty. Indeed, my opposition to it is absolute, and this case -- the case of a genocidal tyrant -- is no exception. I have no compassion for Saddam, but a suitable and just punishment for his many crimes against humanity would be for him to spend the rest of his life in prison. Another death -- another killing -- is not the answer.

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • Of course I agree, but beyond the moral question I think that the only way Saddam can ever become dangerous again is if we kill him.

    By Blogger Capt. Fogg, at 10:57 PM  

  • I feel the same. Actually, Bush's policies have led to the death of more Iraqis than Saddam ever did.

    By Blogger Thomas, at 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home