Thursday, August 31, 2006

Mirror Mirror

By Creature

The rhetoric is overwhelming. If they call me an appeasing, terrorist-hugging, cut-and-run coward one more time I may just start believing I really want to give terror a chance. I mean, c'mon, who wouldn't want Iraq to fall into the hands of al Qaeda? Who wouldn't want Iran to have the bomb? Besides, I'm kinda looking forward to an endless war against a faceless enemy who wants to take away my freedom. It'll be good for my blogging. Fuckin' assholes and their adapt-to-win talking points.

When Bush names the enemy fascists, I say, look in the mirror. When Bush says the terrorists desire the Iraqi's oil, I say, look in the mirror. When Rumsfeld says the majority of the American people are morally and intellectually confused, I say, look in the mirror.

Today the president will put his official stamp on all this indecent rhetoric with a speech before the American Legion. Today the president should use a mirror instead of a teleprompter when delivering his campaign speech--a speech he insists has nothing to do with politics--then maybe the truth of who he is would be reflected in the reality of his words.

UPDATE: The Washington Post sets the stage for today's defeatist speech.

(Cross-posted at State of the Day.)

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home