Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Out of touch

By Creature

Not to get too fixated on sore loser Lieberman but, c'mon, Joe, you have got to be kidding me.
"My challenger is backed by a group of very zealous people and they are using me to get at President Bush," Lieberman said. "I know President Bush. I wouldn’t say he’s a friend of mine. and trust me, I am no President Bush."

No, Joe, no one is using you to get back at anyone. It's your own political posturing, and your continued lap-dog defense of president Bush, that people don't like. When the administration needs a token Democrat to score political points against the party he turns to you. Time after time, Joe, he turns to you. You hurt the party. The party needs leaders who won't kiss the president's ass at every turn. The party needs people who won't undermine their efforts. No one says all Democrats have to agree. There is a general dislike of Hillary because of her stand on the Iraq war, but you don't see anyone starting a grass-roots campaign to get her seat. No, Joe, it's you. Stop passing the damn buck. Stop letting them use you.

Oh, and, Joe, if you do win the primary, and if you do win your golden seat back, then you better prove to the party, once and for all, that you are "no President Bush". We'll be watching.

(Cross-posted at State of the Day.)

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home