Friday, November 25, 2005

Bill Richardson and me

Dear Mr. Richardson:

Why?

Sincerely,

MJWS (fellow Tufts graduate)

P.S.: Several of my fellow bloggers are similarly curious -- see here, here, here, and here.

**********

Note: I was drafted by my hometown Montreal Canadiens in 1988. They thought I was the next Guy Lafleur. Of course, the Boston Celtics wanted me, too, and the opportunity to play with Larry Bird was nothing if not tempting, but I realized soon enough that baseball was my true calling. I started out as a pitcher in the Montreal Expos organization in 1990 before playing seven seasons with the Toronto Blue Jays and New York Yankees. I won two World Series with the Jays, but I was lured into pinstripes by some big-time money from George Steinbrenner. But by that time I'd had enough of baseball. I spent the next two years training for the NFL, and, this coming Monday, you may see me on the sidelines as Ben Roethlisbergers' back-up against the Colts on MNF. I'll be live-blogging the whole thing, unless Big Ben goes down again and I'm forced to take the field.

(Update: After researching the matter, I've come to the conclusion that I was not drafted by the Canadiens, nor did I play for the Celtics, Blue Jays, and Yankees, nor will I be in a Steelers uniform on Monday. I regret the error.)

**********

Welcome TBogg readers. It's an honour to be linked from such a great site. I hope you like The Reaction, and I certainly invite you all to check back regularly for multiple daily posts on a variety of political and cultural issues.

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

  • Richardson lied, people died.

    Well, actually I made that last part up.

    By Blogger Ara, at 10:50 AM  

  • My fondest memories are still my years as a cheerleader at Andover.
    Oh, wait. Not me. Sorry.

    By Blogger cat butler, at 12:35 PM  

  • I was drafted in all sports. However, I was caught point shaving. Later, it kind of leaked out that the Escalade I drove on campus was not purchased for me by Mom. I'm not sure about the "fondling" charges filed against me by the cheerleading squad; it would be clearer in my memory if I hadn't been falling down drunk, I guess.

    Anyway, my pro sports dreams kind of took a hit after all that. Thank God I had a chance to become a politician, and be reelected for life; not sure I'd have been able to find a job otherwise.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:02 PM  

  • Oooo, sports. Who gives a fuck? I once smoked dope with Jimi Hendrix. My dope, from my dorm room. And I successfully avoided the only draft that mattered. And I downed some beers with Paul Newman. Then I became a doctor and saved some lives and shit. Pad your resume, who needs it? If the governor of New Mexico could show me one way he's made that state any less of a third world nation in the USA, I could bother worrying about his fantasy sports life. Let's face it, all the C students are vying for the top seat. We deserve the shit we're living under. Un-fucking-real.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home