Sunday, September 18, 2005

The death of Pope John Paul II

The Vatican has released details of Pope John Paul II's final days and hours:

Struggling to breathe, Pope John Paul II mumbled his final words weakly in Polish: "Let me go to the house of the Father." Six hours later, the comatose pontiff died, the Vatican says.

The account of John Paul's final hours appears in a meticulously detailed official report on his last weeks just released by the Vatican in what might be an effort to ward off any doubts about how forthcoming it has been about his illness and April 2 death.

For what I wrote about the late pontiff around the time of his death, see here, here, and here. I wrote about Cardinal Ratzinger's (Pope Benedict XVI's) election here, here, here and here.

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • If I were the only person who believed in a religion based on a man born to a virgin, who was killed but came back to life 3 days later (asking me to symbolically eat him once a week)... well, I'd be on medication pretty damn quick. When a billion believe the same thing (and more) - well, it's a reasonable thing to accept? I think not.

    By Blogger Gary, at 3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home