Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Notes on The Reaction

Just a couple of quick things: I've expanded the front page of The Reaction to include all posts from the past two weeks. Delving into a blog's archives is always a time-consuming (and occasionally frustrating) task, and it makes more sense, I think, to keep as many recent posts as possible out here on the front page (without going too far and making it too long). So I invite you to scroll down the page and check out two weeks' worth of posts. This may also be helpful given that a number of them have invited some excellent comments from readers, and it's nice to be able to keep those discussions going beyond just a few days. In addition, I'm adding links to older posts grouped by theme over on the right side of the page, just below "Previous Posts". So far, I've added links to my Signs of the Apocalypse (now up to 8 with the addition of a new one tonight) and to my two lengthy posts on Leo Strauss. This should make navigation through The Reaction much easier. Now, when you read, say, about one of my Signs of the Apocalypse, you can just scroll down and have quick access to all the others by clicking on the appropriate links over on the right. Or you can just browse through some the themes I've addressed and check out some older posts, like the ones on Strauss, that would otherwise he hard to find in the archives. I'll be sure to add more links over the coming days and to keep the various themes updated as I write new posts in the future.

I'd also like to take this time to thank all of you -- those of you I know and the many more I don't -- for checking out my blog and, hopefully, for spending some time here. There are a lot of blogs out there, I know, many of them quite good and many extremely popular, but I hope I add something to the blogosphere that brings you back from time to time (and perhaps even regularly). I post regularly -- usually 2 to 5 times a day -- so there's always something new, and I always aim to keep it interesting by delving into a broad range of topics and maintaining a sense of humour throughout (even though I've addressed some pretty serious topics, too). And I certainly invite you to read through the comments for each post and to add your own. I've already had the wonderful opportunity to meet some really interesting people out here, and it would be great to hear what others of you have to say in response to me or my other readers, whether some brief observations or some lengthier reflections. Ideally, after all, it would be great if The Reaction could become a place for thoughtful, intelligent discussion of some of most pressing issues of the day.

In the meantime, though, thank you again. It's an honour to be able to write for you and to have you here as my readers.

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home