Monday, April 04, 2005

It's the Tar Heels, baby!

Forgive me, but a little gloating is in order. I correctly picked three of the Final Four teams: North Carolina, Illinois, and Louisville. I had Syracuse coming out of the Austin region, but the Orangemen were beaten by Vermont (damn you, Catamounts! -- no, I was happy to see the underdog win) in an incredible first-round game, and Michigan State beat Duke and Kentucky to make it to St. Louis. And I correctly picked Illinois over Louisville and North Carolina to beat any semifinalist out of Austin. And I correctly picked North Carolina over Illinois in the national championship. I had North Carolina beating Illinois 74-69 (a tie-breaker in Yahoo's Tournament Pick'em). The actual score: 75-70. And this was all before the tournament even started. Repeat: before. After correctly picking Connecticut to win it all last year and correctly predicting much of March Madness this year, I'm beginning to wonder about my career choices thus far.

Bookmark and Share