Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Fiat lux: The Reaction begins

So this is the very first post at The Reaction. More to come soon. Generally, this blog will focus on politics, philosophy, and culture, without being limited to a narrow topic. That may seem like a weakness to some, but I see it more as a strength. Why restrict myself to commenting on, say, academic life at the University of Toronto (my present academic home), a subject that may find its way into my blog but which does not inspire much in the way of enthusiasm.

I will comment on an irregular basis on whatever comes to mind. If that sounds self-indulgent, it is, and I make no apologies. This is the blogosphere, after all, and self-indulgence comes with the territory.

In brief, The Reaction is just that: a reaction to all the nonsense out there that passes for intelligent discourse. There's no way I could do it all the justice it deserves, but I'll do my part.

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • self-indulgent, indeed. which will not stop me from reading it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home