Sunday, April 19, 2015

Sen. Lindsey Graham: Yet another Republican wants in



It must really gall some of the older political hands in Washington to see so many newbies run for the GOP presidential nomination. After all, press is currency in politics and with all the writing and talking about Cruz, Rubio, Paul, et. al., there is little time to cover anyone else.

A guy like South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham must really be feeling left out, but not, perhaps, for long as we now hear Graham saying "his decision on whether he'll run for president depends on whether he can raise enough money, but he said there's a '91 percent' chance he will."

"If I can raise the money, I'll do it," he said on "Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace." He added, "I think I got a good message, I think I've been more right than wrong on foreign policy. I've criticized the president for leading from behind, being weak and indecisive. I've been a problem solver in Washington, and I think I've got something to offer the party in Washington."

At the moment, polls show Graham running behind a number of major contenders in his home state with one poll even showing 55 percent of South Carolina voters wouldn't vote for him for president.

But, you know, the only poll that counts in on Election Day.

Notably, Graham holds some fairly radical views for a Republican, like a willingness to raise some taxes and a belief that climate change is real, though he's a red-blooded American when it comes to believing the U.S. should kick ass anywhere around the world when the thought occurs.

Apparently Graham will let us know one way or the other in May.

Can't wait.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • Please fan me while I recline on my fainting divan, for I believe I am coming down with a case of the vapors!

    By Anonymous dommyluc, at 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home