Sunday, January 04, 2009

16 more days

By Libby Spencer

I watch this and I think, wow, he looks so young. But as I listen I want to believe he can pull it off. The baby face nothwithstanding, it feels like the grownups are in charge again.



The "American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan". How refreshing to have programs that deserve their name instead of some kind of Orwellian doublespeak for "screw you suckers."

Repairing the infrastructure. Better energy policy. Modernizing public schools instead of privatizing them into oblivion. Improving the medical system. Spreading tax relief around to everybody. It's good policy. I don't see how anyone could complain but somehow I'm sure there will be some who will. Namely talk show Republicans.*

(* Yes, Mark coined that phrase.)

(Cross-posted at The Impolitic.)

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • The polls seem to show that most of us see him as a strong leader, more so than before he was elected. Let's hope it's enough and that the damage is fixable.

    By Blogger Capt. Fogg, at 10:05 AM  

  • One can only hope at this point. I'm, dare I say, clinging to it.

    By Blogger Libby Spencer, at 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home